THE BEST OF BRAIN HEALTHY ENTREES
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
1 cup yellow or red lentils, rinsed
1 qt. reduced sodium, fat-free, organic, chicken broth
8 oz. kale or spinach, chopped
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 (5 oz.) skinless salmon filets
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan over medium heat; add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until onions are soft and slightly golden.
3. Add lentils and chicken broth to sauté pan, bring to a boil, and then simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
4. Remove cover, add kale or spinach, and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 10 more minutes until lentils are tender. Season with half of the sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. In small bowl combine maple syrup and mustard. Set aside.
6. Place salmon on parchment lined baking sheet, season with remaining salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, brush salmon filets thoroughly with honey-mustard and return to oven and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Divide lentils between 4 plates, top with lentil-kale mixture and serve.
Calories per serving: 340