1) Take time every day to meditate, even if you only have 5 minutes, it will make a HUGE difference in your life. Studies show that meditation has a profound effect on Brain Health. It is one of the most powerful tools there is to help us restore the harmony within and to gain access to our bodies inner intelligence.
2) Be aware of your breath. Most of the time we are shallow breathing in our chest, when optimally you want to be belly breathing. Set a timer on your phone throughout the day reminding you to pay attention to your breath. After some practice it will become second nature and you'll begin to experience its overall calming effect. Your digestive system will thank you as well.
3) Getting an adequate amount of sleep is imperative to Brain Health and overall well-being. We live in a sleep deprived culture and it's not good for your brain or your body. Try to get 8-9 hours nightly.
4) Embrace a "Gratitude Attitude" in your daily life. Studies show that people who focus on the positive and appreciate the simple pleasures in life are happier people.
5) Self-Acceptance and Self-Love are vital to a Healthy Brain and a balanced mind/body/spirit. Often times, we are very hard on ourselves. It's important to remember that in every moment of every day, you're doing the best you can, and that's going to change on a daily basis. Try not to be too critical of yourself, this only sends more stress hormones into your body. Instead, take a few minutes to breath or meditate and get back to a place of centeredness.